The Ultimate Guide – De-Stress Your Life in 6 weeks #Week 2
Here I am, back with the extensive #Week 2 De-stressing guide, which will help you Live a Better & Healthier life within a matter of weeks! Just follow this weekly schedule and say hello to a new, healthy you!
Tree Pose Yoga
Sanskrit Name: Vriksasana
Vriksasana Yoga Pose Benefits: The tree pose in yoga helps improve your balance, strengthens your thighs, calves, ankles and spine.
Instructions To Perform Vriksasana Yoga Pose:
- Stand with your arms on the side.
- Shift your weight onto left leg and place the sole of the right foot inside left thigh, keeping hips facing forward.
- Once balanced, bring hands in front of you in prayer position, palms together.
- On an inhalation, extend arms over shoulders, palms separated and facing each other. Stay for 30 seconds.
- Lower and repeat on opposite side.
Bridge Pose Yoga
Sanskrit Name: Setu Bandhasana
Setu Bandhasana Yoga Pose Benefits: The bridge pose in yoga assist in strengthening your neck, chest and spine. Also, it is a great warm-up exercise for more intense back bends.
Instructions To Perform Setu Bandhasana Yoga Pose:
- Lie on the floor with knees bent and directly over heels.
- Place arms at your sides, palms down. Exhale, then press feet into floor as you lift your hips.
- Clasp your hands under your lower back and press arms down, lifting hips until thighs are parallel to the floor, bringing chest towards the chin. Hold for 1 minute.
Triangle Pose Yoga
Sanskrit Name: Trikonasana
Trikonasana Yoga Pose Benefits: The triangle pose in yoga helps you perform a full body stretch, strengthens thighs, knees, ankles and also relieves back aches.
Instructions To Perform Trikonasana Yoga Pose:
- Extend arms out to the sides, then bend over your right leg.
- Stand with feet about 3 feet apart, toes on your right foot turned out to 90 degrees, left foot to 45 degrees.
- Allow your right hand to touch the floor or rest on your right leg below or above the knee, and extend the fingertips of your left hand toward the ceiling.
- Turn your gaze toward the ceiling, and hold for 5 seconds.
- Stand and repeat on opposite side.
Spot Jogging for few minutes in your bedroom rather than getting dressed up and going to the gym, is a better and comfortable alternative.
Spot Jogging Benefits: An indoor exercise, spot jogging is basically jogging in one place. Spot jogging helps reduce belly fat & assist in weight loss. Plus, since it is a hassle free workout it doesn’t require an expensive gym setup.
Instructions To Perform Spot Jogging:
- Stand on your favourite spot (outside your house), and start jogging on the spot.
- While you’re doing it, you can practice deep breathing too.
- Do this for 5 minutes every day. It will eventually help reduce stress and will help with weight loss too.
Mountain climber is a challenging all-inclusive exercise that offers a full body workout. It is the best exercise to tone your abdominal muscles and helps burn calories.
Benefits of Mountain Climber Exercise: The mountain climber workout is a great cardiovascular exercise that improves blood circulation and makes your heart healthier. It also helps increase your total body strength as well as improve your metabolic rate.
Instructions To Perform the Mountain Climber Exercise:
- Start down on your hands and knees, and bring the right foot forward to the chest while the left leg remains straight.
- Engaging the core, quickly switch legs, and keep this rhythm going for 15-20 reps.
Click here to know more about Mountain Climber.
Riding A Bicycle
- In #Week 2, you can increase the duration for riding a bicycle by 05 minutes, making it 15 minutes a day.
- In #Week 2, you can increase the counts of Sun salutations by 10, making it 20 counts a day.
That’s Amazing!! That is enough for #Week 2 session. If you have any suggestions, Let us know in the comments section below. Stay tuned for our weekly routines.